Applications for the 2019 Trail have now closed! Thank you very much to everyone who has applied! More information for exhibitors to follow.
The Peacock Arts Trail 2019 will run 5th – 13th October 2019
To join the trail you will need to do the following:
- Read the Terms and Conditions below.
- Decide whether you are exhibiting as a solo artist or part of a group or arts society
- Find a venue. This may be your own home, studio/workshop space or any other venue where you can display your work as long as it is within the trail area (see Arts Trail Maps). Please see Finding a Venue for further help with this
- Decide on your opening hours when you will be exhibiting your work during the week. Opening at the weekend will be compulsory for all artists, 10am-5pm.
- Complete your application, including filling out our online form, sending images and transferring payment.
Please note, by submitting your application you are also confirming notification of payment. The registration form, an image of your work and full payment must be received by the closing date for your entry to be accepted.
Applications open Monday 21 January!
Please read the terms and conditions before applying.
The link to the application form is at the bottom of this page.
Peacock Arts Trail 2019 ~ Terms and Conditions
|Membership Costs & Deadlines|
|What Do You Get From Us?|
|What Do We Expect From You?|
|Finding A Venue|
|How To Apply|
- The Peacock Arts Trail is non-selective and open to all artists living, working or part of an arts based group in Corsham and the surrounding towns and villages. We welcome artists out of area who are able to exhibit the work at a venue within the trail area.
- All work must be original and made by the exhibiting artist.
- We welcome arts groups and societies to join the trail.
- Applications will open on Monday 21 January 2019.
- The Early Bird deadline for completed applications (including payment) is Thursday 28 February.
- The final deadline for ALL applications, including sending us image(s) & full payment, is Sunday 31 March 2019.
|Early Bird, Selling Artist ~ per individual artist, incl those sharing a venue (by Thursday 28 February 2019)||£85|
|Standard Entry, Selling Artist ~ per individual artist, incl those sharing a venue (by Sunday 31 March 2019)||£100|
~ Schools, Charities, Arts Groups & Societies
|Early Bird, Businesses/Galleries (by Thursday 28 February 2019)
|Standard Entry, Businesses/Galleries (by Sunday 31 March 2019)
- 2 year membership
- 1 column feature (text and 1 photo) in a printed publication that will be distributed free of charge to the general public
- Press coverage
- Launch night event (date TBC)
- Artists networking event and collection of promotional material (date TBC)
- Promotional material and signage provided
- Your own page listing on the website, with the same wording and one image of your work. Your website listing will remain active until the next trail in 2021
- Featured artist daily blog post
- Relevant feedback forms & email sign up at your venue
- NEW for 2019! As part of your application fee you will have the opportunity to have one professional photograph of your work which will be yours to keep. It will be used on our website and in the printed brochure and you will have full rights to use in your own marketing. A photography day will be arranged by the Committee before the application deadline.
Non-Selling Group (Schools, Charities, Arts Groups & Societies):
- As above. Fees are for one image on the website and one column in the printed publication for the whole group. Additional columns in the brochure may be purchased for £85 each.
Businesses & Galleries:
- As above, with 2 column feature and 2 photos in the printed publication
- Active involvement in promoting the event within your own social networks (press coverage is provided). Please ‘Follow’ the blog to stay up-to-date
- Fees are to be paid in full and are required before the brochure and website listings are finalised.
- Only artists who have paid the current membership and entry fees are permitted to exhibit as part of the Trail as a solo artist or part of a group or society
- Exhibitors may not invite guest exhibitors who are not paid exhibitors of the Peacock Arts Trail to exhibit with them. Failure to comply will result in automatic disqualification from the event in future years
- You will need to ensure you have public liability for your venue and have taken appropriate health and safety precautions
- Weekend opening (Saturday and Sunday), 10am – 5pm, will be mandatory for all artists in 2019. This is to help us ensure that the trail is a success and minimise disappointed visitors.
- Please keep weekday opening times SIMPLE. For example, 10am-12pm and/or 1-4pm, or simply 10am – 4pm.
- Keep a daily visitor counter
- Send us feedback after the event
- It is an artist’s responsibility to find and organise a venue for their exhibition, however we are here to help so please ask.
- If you would prefer not to exhibit from home, you may wish to group together with other artists to share a venue space. Shared exhibition spaces will be listed on the website at www.peacockartstrail.co.uk/venues as and when we hear about them.
- When choosing a venue, please bear in mind:
- Some visitors may prefer to visit an artist in their own environment.
- Groups of artists are likely to attract greater footfall than solo artists, especially in rural venues.
- You may want to approach venues with other purposes, e.g. café, shop, leisure centre, however venues for whom art is not their primary purpose may need more encouragement with their signage and exhibition promotion or it may be difficult for visitors to view the art work. You will also need to find a venue that is open at reasonable times for visitors.
- Please consider parking and disabled access when choosing a venue.
- Applications to be completed via the online application form and proof read before submitted.
- Complete payment via BACS transfer to – Cooperative Banking: Sort Code – 08-92-99; Account Number – 65818680. If you do not bank online you can go into your local branch and ask them to make the transfer for you. Please use your name as a reference so we know who has paid. Cash and cheques will not be accepted. NB. if you have exhibited with us before and stored our bank details, please note that the bank details are different from previous years and you will need to update.
- IMAGES: NEW for 2019 – you will have the opportunity to have your work professionally photographed! This will be your image to keep and we will also use as your main brochure/website image. We will confirm dates/details following your application.
- You may also supply your own professional image of your work for your main brochure image. Please email email@example.com to confirm your choice and send your image if applicable once you have completed your application form.
- You may also email up to three more print quality images of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org These additional images are optional and will be used as additional promotional material on our blog and social media streams. A mix of landscape and portrait and different styles/background colours may mean your images are more likely to be featured in our press marketing.
- Images should be print quality, minimum 300dpi, max size 1MB. IrfanView is an excellent free photo editor with good guidance notes on resizing images.
Read the membership information above and want to apply?
Applications have now closed for 2019.
Please email any questions to email@example.com