The Peacock Arts Trail 2017 will run 30 September – 8 October 2017.
|Terms & Conditions|
|Applying for Membership|
|Membership Costs & Deadlines|
|What Do You Get From Us?|
|What Do We Expect From You?|
|Finding A Venue|
Membership Information ~
To join the trail you will need to do the following:
- Decide whether you are exhibiting as a solo artist or part of an arts based group or society
- Find a venue. This may be your own home, studio/workshop space or any other venue where you can display your work as long as it is within the trail area (see Discover The Trail). Please see Finding a Venue for further help with this
- Decide on your opening hours when you will be exhibiting your work during the week. Opening at the weekend will be compulsory for all artists, 10am-5pm.
- Choose one image of your work to be displayed on your website listing and in the printed booklet
Once you’ve done these things you will need to complete our Online Application Form and send us an image of your work. Please note, by submitting your application you are also confirming notification of payment. The registration form, an image of your work and full payment must be received by the closing date for your entry to be accepted.
Before registering, please read the Terms & Conditions below.
- The Peacock Arts Trail is non-selective and open to all artists living, working or part of an arts based group in Corsham and the surrounding towns and villages. We welcome artists out of area who are able to exhibit the work at a venue within the trail area.
- All work must be original and made by the exhibiting artist.
- We welcome arts groups and societies to join the trail. For a single fee, multiple artists may exhibit as part of a group of “non-selling” artists. Please see details below.
- The final deadline for ALL applications, including sending us an image & full payment, is Sunday 30 April 2017.
|Early Bird, Selling Artist ~ per individual artist, incl those sharing a venue (by Friday 31 March 2017)||£70|
|Standard Entry, Selling Artist ~ per individual artist, incl those sharing a venue (between Saturday 1 April – Sunday 30 April 2017)||£85|
~ Schools, Charities, Arts Groups & Societies
|Early Bird, Businesses/Galleries (by Friday 31 March 2017)
|Standard Entry, Businesses/Galleries (between Saturday 1 April – Sunday 30 April 2017)
What Do You Get From Us?
- 2 year membership
- 1 column feature (text and 1 photo) in a printed publication that will be distributed free of charge to the general public
- Press coverage
- Launch night event (date TBC)
- Artists networking event and collection of promotional material (date TBC)
- Promotional material and signage provided
- Your own page listing on the website, with the same wording and one image of your work. Your website listing will remain active until the next trail in 2019
- Featured artist daily blog post
- Relevant feedback forms & email sign up at your venue
Non-Selling Group (Schools, Charities, Arts Groups & Societies):
- As above. Fees are for one image on the website and one column in the printed publication for the whole group. Additional columns in the brochure may be purchased for £70 each.
Businesses & Galleries:
- As above, with 2 column feature and 2 photos in the printed publication
What Do We Expect From You?
- Fees are to be paid in full and are required before the booklet and website listings are finalised
- Only artists who have paid the current membership and entry fees are permitted to exhibit as part of the Trail as a solo artist or part of a group or society
- Exhibitors may not invite guest exhibitors who are not paid exhibitors of the Peacock Arts Trail to exhibit with them. Failure to comply will result in automatic disqualification from the event in future years
- Active involvement in promoting the event within your own social networks (press coverage is provided). Please ‘Follow’ the blog to stay up-to-date
- You will need to ensure you have public liability for your venue and have taken appropriate health and safety precautions
- Weekend opening (Saturday and Sunday), 10am – 5pm, will be mandatory for all artists in 2017. This is to help us ensure that the trail is a success and minimise disappointed visitors.
- Please keep weekday opening times SIMPLE. We recommend 10am-12pm and/or 1-4pm
- Feedback after the event
- Daily visitor counter
- Applications to be completed via the online application form & proof read before submitted
- Email up to three landscape print quality images (minimum of one) of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org (minimum 300dpi, max size 1MB). Please mark ONE of the images for use in our brochure, e.g. ‘brochure-[your name]’. The other two images are optional and will be used for marketing purposes. NB. We reserve the right to crop your image to square or round if we feel that it will fit aesthetically in our brochure so you may want to bear this in mind when choosing your main brochure image.
- Complete payment via BACS transfer to – Cooperative Banking: Sort Code – 08-92-99; Account Number – 65818680. If you do not bank online you can go into your local branch and ask them to make the transfer for you. Please use your name as a reference so we know who has paid. Cash and cheques will not be accepted. NB. if you have exhibited with us before and stored our bank details, please note that the bank details are different from previous years and you will need to update.
Finding A Venue
- It is an artist’s responsibility to find and organise a venue for their exhibition, however we are here to help so please ask.
- If you would prefer not to exhibit from home, you may wish to group together with other artists to share a venue space. Shared exhibition spaces will be listed on the website at www.peacockartstrail.co.uk/venues as and when we hear about them.
- When choosing a venue, please bear in mind:
- Some visitors may prefer not to visit a private home, whereas others may prefer to visit an artist in their own environment.
- Groups of artists are likely to attract greater footfall than solo artists, especially in rural venues.
- You may want to approach venues with other purposes, e.g. café, shop, leisure centre, however venues for whom art is not their primary purpose may need more encouragement with their signage and exhibition promotion or it may be difficult for visitors to view the art work. You will also need to find a venue that is open at reasonable times for visitors.
- Please consider parking and disabled access when choosing a venue.
Read the membership information above and want to apply? Please apply online here.
Please email any questions to email@example.com